Android Hot Spot
Turn On the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot Feature on Your Android Smartphone or Tablet
If you aren't restricted from using the Wi-Fi hotspot feature on your Android device, enable it:
- Go to Settings on your Android phone. You can get there by pressing the menu button on your device when you're on the home screen, then tapping Settings.
- At the Settings screen, tap the Wireless & networks option.
- Click the check mark beside the option for Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to turn on the hotspot, and your phone will start acting like a wireless access point. (You should see a message in the notification bar when it's activated.)
- To adjust and check the settings for the hotspot, tap the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings option. You'll need to do this if you don't know the default password that will be created for your hotspot so that you can make a note of it for connecting your other devices.
- You can change the default password, security level, router name (SSID), and also manage users connected wirelessly to your phone in the Wi-Fi hotspot settings.